Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shoes!!!!


Shoes have power. I love shoes just like everyone else. Admit it. you like shoes. Shoes can change the personality of an outfit and most often they define the mood of the person wearing them. Shoes are wonderful and I want to introduce you to some of my shoes.


The picture of my cowby boots go erased but they are on my top shelf as you see above. :)
These go way back. I purchased them with Sarah and Shayleen. These boots have listened to country music, have been country dancing, gone to a couple rodeo's, and more recently have riden a mechanical bull. I purchased them at Reams, what more can I say.





These red shoes have a personality of their own. When I wear them, they are the only thing that get noticed. It is almost as if I weren't wearing anything else. The first time I wore them it was to church. I got a lot of comments on them but the best was when a guy walked up to me and said "I like your red shoes" I attempted to say that they weren't something I would normally where I fumbled over my words and only got out "They're . . . . " with a long pause that he filled in by saying "They're red". I giggled and he walked off with a smile on his face. :) I wear these when I want to feel a little flirty.



These shoes are relatively new. I wear them all the time and they are quite comfortable. They don't really receive specific attention but they don't distract from my clothes or my personality either. I have a fondness for these shoes and I think it is my conservative side that really grasps onto them.





These are my Chacos. I long for warm days when I can wear them again whithout freezing my toes off. These might be the only shoes you see me in during the summer so enjoy the variety that you get now. :) These sandals have been everywhere I have been in the last year or two. They have been to Disneyland, Oklahoma, New York, Boston, Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands, and Jamaica. I where these shoes anywhere and everywhere and I feel prepared to do anything in them. Unfortunately they don't see the light of day in the winter. :(

These are some shoes I purchased this week. All of you hoochies out there have inspired my and my wardrobe. They kind of have the appearance of super hero boot when I put them on and let me tell you, they contain power as well. I wore them to the temple this week and the old temple worker watched me strut in, smiling the whole time, and wispered "I really love boots" She didn't say she loved my boots but just boots in general. I must have been walking like I loved them too. After the temple I went to a sporting goods store to purchase snow boots. I walked in dressed as though I had never been in a sporting goods store in my life but acted like I pretty much owned the place. The male shoe stocker who helped me find some snow boots said it was too bad the ones I was wearing didn't have insulation and I could just wear them. I'm telling you, those boots know how to get noticed. :) I wear these shoes when I feel like owning the world.
Aren't shoes wonderful?

8 comments:

Wilder's said...

John says you have way to much time on your hands!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Such a fun post from Jennie! I definitley agree with the fact that you can tell what kind of a mood someone is in by their shoes...actually, I take that back. I always hate putting on my "sunday shoes" (if you can even call them that). They are frumpy and comfortable. I want those red ones!
ps I almost laughed out loud at how it sounds like your tongue got tied with that guy at church commenting on them. You make me smile!

Fordney said...

You know I love shoes. I also have some red shoes and they really do get noticed. As for the hussie boots, I own a plethora of those- what can I say- I am a hussie. I love all my stilletos and strappy shoes. They are waiting for summer to come and for my fattness to go away. That is something that really sucks about being pregnant, not only are you stuck wearing frumpy maternity clothes but (at least with me) your feet get fat and you can only wear a couple different pairs of shoes.... alas my time is almost through.
Jennie, I love this post and I am proud that you are branching out into some unconventional-Jennie shoes!

Jeanna GT said...

okay-the perfect post! isn't it so true that shoes do truly tell a lot about a person...I'm actually kind of embarassed now that I think about my shoes now as a fat mom, hmm, maybe i need to work on that...
thanks for sharing! hope you're doing awesomely fabo!

martha corinna said...

I wrote a post about shoes.
I LOVE hoochie shoes. I work them well. Not so well right now when I'm a little top heavy, but well none the less.
Let's see you work it in your hoochie shoes Jennie!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

I'll work it martha, I need a little motivation though. I'm down on that right now. At least in the "working it" realm.

Morgan Greaves said...

Jennie I love your part about your hoochie boots! You are hilarious and I loved reading this!

Unknown said...

Jennie--
YOU are awesome!